Our Hours and Closures:
The Division of Personnel Security and Access Control (DPSAC) is open daily via appointment scheduling, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM in Building 31, Room 1B03. The office closes for lunch from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
DPSAC is closed for all Federal holidays. We also adhere to OPM-directed closures and operating delays as indicated at
www.opm.gov. Any appointments scheduled during a directed closure/delay must be re-scheduled once DPSAC is open again. For example, if OPM directs a 2-hour operating delay our offices would open at 10:00 AM instead of 8:00 AM.
The Clinical Center South Lobby location (Room 1C52) is open daily via appointment for high risk customers, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
not be allowed as DPSAC continues to take steps to increase capacity to minimize wait times and to help prevent the spread of disease and reduce the risk of exposure to its staff members as well as individuals who need to visit a DPSAC office. DPSAC Staff will be available to respond to phone inquiries and email during work hours. If you need to contact DPSAC to schedule an appointment, please email ORSPersonnelSecurity@mail.nih.gov or call 301-402-9755.
The following locations will remain open and are ready to assist NIH personnel. For full location details, please click on one of the following locations:
- NIH Bethesda Main Campus, Building 31, Room 1B03
- Fort Detrick in Frederick, MD
Address: 426 Miller Drive, Frederick, MD 21702
- Shady Grove Campus in Rockville, MD
Address: 9609 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD, 20850
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in Rockville, MD
Address: 5601 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD, 20852
- Bayview Biomedical Research Center in Baltimore, MD
Address: 251 Bay View Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21224
- Rocky Mountain Laboratories (RML) in Hamilton, MT
Address: 903 S 4th St, Hamilton, MT 59840
- Research Triangle Park in Durham, NC
Address: 111 TW Alexander Dr, Durham, NC 27709
Additional Important Announcements:
- DPSAC is taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of its customer and DPSAC staff. Please click here to read how DPSAC has implemented mandatory, stringent safety precautions and procedures during public interactions and daily operations.
- For customers obtaining credentialing services at the NIH Main Campus in Bethesda, Maryland: Prior to your arrival to the NIH, please print a copy of your email showing the confirmation of your scheduled appointment or have the email ready to be presented on your smart phone when you arrive at the NIH’s Gateway Center or Commercial Vehicle Inspection Facility (CVIF). This will ensure you are expedited through the security screening process. Failure to do so may result in delays or possible denial of entry to the NIH.
- Due to COVID, remote enrollment and badge issuance services have been discontinued until further notice. PIN reset and certificate renewals can still be obtained at PSC locations.
- There are requirements that must be completed before you can start your new position or be granted access to NIH resources. This includes the
requirement of bringing two forms of valid government identification to your DPSAC appointment, one of which must contain a picture. Visit the
FIPS 201-3 PDF to view a complete list of approved identification documents.