For the first time since 2019, an in-person Safety, Health and Wellness Day event will be held on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Bethesda campus and other off-campus NIH facilities. This popular event will be presented by the NIH, Office of Research Services, Office of Research Facilities, Occupational Safety and Health Committee, and the Laboratory Sustainability Group along with the 2023 co-sponsor, the National Institute of Mental Health.
Join Us on Thursday, June 29, 2023 at the Building 10 - South Lawn
This Event will be held from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Mark your calendars and plan to attend this fun and informative event!
A wide variety of health and wellness topics and demonstrations will be featured, including:
- Chemical Safety
- Heart Saver CPR Training Demonstrations
- Integrated Pest Management
- Mental Health Awareness
- Nutrition – healthy eating – smoothies
- Roadway / Pedestrian Safety
- Total Worker Health
For more information on seminars and demonstrations, please check back on our website the first week in June! Look for upcoming announcements of options to participate in online SHW Day experiences at NIH off-campus locations.
- Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS)
- Division of Environmental Protection (DEP) Sustainability
- Division of Radiation Safety (DRS)
- Division of Amenities and Transportation Services (DATS)
- NIH Police Department
- So many more!
- More information coming soon
A special thanks goes out to our sponsors:
- 2023 IC Co-Sponsor: National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Office of Research Services
- Office of Research Facilities
For comments, concerns or suggestions, contact DOHS_info@mail.nih.gov.
Sign language interpreting and CART services are available upon request to participate in this event. Individuals needing either of these services should contact Roxy Grossnickle via email at: email@example.com . Requests should be made at least five days in advance. To access Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), call 711.
2018 NIH Safety, Health and Wellness Day Video
NIH Safety, Health and Wellness Day - 508 Compliant Description
* The presence of any exhibitor does not represent or constitute an endorsement of any product, service, entity or enterprise by the National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, the United States Government, or its employees.