Electric Vehicle Parking Program
Electric Vehicle Parking Program allows NIH Commuters to ‘Plug In’ and ‘Power Up’ While They Work.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
THe NIH has installed eight (8) electric-vehicle charging stations in three (3) Multi-Level Parking (MLP) garages on the NIH Bethesda Campus.
This program is made possible by the financial courtesy of the NIH Federal Credit Union (NIHFCU). The NIH Community appreciates the NIHFCU for its commitment to sustainable commuting and improved air quality.
NIH Employees with electric vehicles can park and charge those vehicles at one of the following locations:
· ACRF/Bldg. 10 Parking Garage: P-2 Level (3 parking spaces) and P-3 Level (4 parking spaces)
· MLP-6: Lower Level (3 parking spaces)
· MLP-7: Lower Level (3 parking spaces)
The 13 EV spaces are marked with ‘eco’ green color.
EV Charging Stations Procedures
- EV spaces are for NIH Parking permit holders only.
- Parking spaces are reserved 24/7 for EV vehicles only.
- EV owners are required to provide their own charging cords and arrange the cords to avoid tripping hazards.
- EV owners are encouraged to be respectful of others by unplugging their vehicles and relocating it when charged.
- If you observe a non-EV parked in one of these spaces, you may report the violation to the NIH Police at 301-496-5685.
- Consider joining the Electric Vehicles ListServ.