Take-A-Hike Day Trail Map (3.25 miles)
Thursday, June 15, 2023 from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
PLEASE BE SURE TO CARRY YOUR NIH ID WITH YOU TO ENSURE ACCESS BACK ONTO CAMPUS
We encourage you to bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a refillable water container.
At 12:00 pm, NIH Leadership will blow the official starting whistle in front of Building 1 and the Fun Runners will go first followed by the Walkers. Everyone will proceed down Wilson Drive to the NIH Perimeter Pedestrian Pathway and turn RIGHT on to Rockville Pike.
Everyone will be required to follow the pedestrian "rules of the road," and must obey the traffic signals at all intersections, crossing only on the "WALK" light. The NIH Police will be stationed at some intersections to further ensure the safety of our participants.
Water Table Stations
- Table #1 - Southeast corner of Lot 41 pedestrian gate
- Table #2 - Southwest corner of MLP-6 pedestrian gate
- Table #3 - Center Drive behind Bethesda Fire Station
- Table #4 - Cedar Lane near Rockville Pike
- Table #5 - Building 1 in front of the parking lot
Please email us if you have any questions regarding NIH Take-A-Hike Day.