OIIT consists of five Branches and Offices: Business Operations Branch, Development and Support Branch, Information Security Branch, Infrastructure Branch, and the Program Management Office.
Business Office Branch (BOB)
The customer-facing side of BOB assists all ORS and ORF divisions with hardware and software procurements and the management of the Capital Investment Funds (CIF) program.
- Centralized IT Procurement
- Capital Investment Funds (CIF) Management for ORS and ORF
Development and Support Branch (DSB)
The DSB oversees software development services, end user support, and customer relationship management to its ORS and ORF customers.
Software Development Services: Provides custom application, website development for various platforms, 508 compliance and Power Platform support.
- Custom Application and Website Development
- SharePoint Website Design and Development
- Section 508 Scanning and Remediation
- Document and Workspace Collaboration (SharePoint Team Site)
- M365 Development Support
End User Support: Provides desktop support and desktop engineering at Tier I and Tier II levels in collaboration with the NIH Center for Information Technology. EUS also manages the Common Operating Environment (COE). The COE comprises standardized client configuration and security policies, approved hardware models, certified enterprise IT systems, and supported back-end infrastructure to ensure compliance with the U.S. Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB).
- Account Management
- Password Management
- Digital Certificate Renewal
- PIN Reset
- Troubleshoot and Repair Desktops, Laptops and Mobile Devices
- Set Up New Computers
- Software Installation and Support
- Loaner Laptop Program
- Sanitize Hardware
- Computer Equipment Surplus
- Mobile Device Support
- Disassemble and Reassemble Computer Equipment
- Telework Support
- Printer Configuration and Connectivity
- Peripherals Support
- Email Distribution Lists
Customer Relationship Management: Customer Relationship Managers (CRMs) receive and review all Non-Break/Fix ServiceNow tickets, determine the best response for customer inquiries, and ensure all inquiries are tracked and responded to accordingly. CRMs are also responsible for facilitating the IMAG review/recommendation and directing the new requests through existing defined processes (ex. Product evaluations, and/or ORS or ORF Governance, and/or OM Governance).
- Processing of non-break/fix ServiceNow RITMs, REQs, Tasks, and Incident tickets through resolution
- Product request management through the OIIT assessment phases
Information Security Branch (ISB)
ISB provides services for vulnerability management, information assurance, assessment and authorization of IT systems, information systems security, etc., in collaboration with the NIH OCIO and NIH CISO. This team also provides annual System Owner training.
- Information Systems Security
- IT Security Consulting Services
- Security Investigation Information Request
- IT Security Incident Handling and Response Services
- Vulnerability Management
- Assessment & Authorization (A&A) Governance Documentation
- Information Assurance
- IT Security Policy Waivers
Infrastructure Branch (IB)
The IB team manages the Application Hosting Environment (AHE), database services, and more. The AHE consists of, but is not limited to, physical and virtual networks, storage and server devices, software programs, applications, network management devices, and other services associated with the operations of the network.
- Application Hosting: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Application Hosting: Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Network Storage and Data Protection Services
- Printer Configuration and Connectivity
- Digital Certificate Management for Public Key Infrastructure
- Database Hosting and Management
- Web Hosting
- Application Installation and Administration
- Migration Consolidation
- Solution Consulting
Program Management Office (PMO)
The OIIT Program Management Office: The OIIT PMO serves as the go-to source of information, guidance, and best practices for IT Project Management and is charged with delivering technology solutions and services that provide value to our ORS and ORF partners.
- Project Management Services
- Tier 1 - PMO Liaison, the PMO consults with ITB/ORS/ORF PM at each project stage
- Tier 2 - PMO Co-Led Project. PMO working with a vendor PM or an ORS/ORF IT PM.
- Tier 3 - PMO-Led Project
- Business Analysis
- Communications Management
IT Change Management: The OIIT Change Management Program ensures that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes. This is necessary to minimize the impact of change-related incidents and reduce the overall risk to technical and business operations across ORS, ORF, and NIH.
Office of Innovation and Information Technology
Office of Research Services
National Institutes of Health
Two Democracy Plaza, Suite 304
6707 Democracy Blvd
Bethesda, MD 20817