Business Reply Mail (BRM) service enables a mailer to receive First-Class Mail back from constituents by paying postage only on the mail returned to the mailer from the mailer's original distribution of BRM pieces. RE: DMM S922.1.1.
ICs should be aware that in addition to postage, a fee is paid for each reply received. In accordance with postal regulations, the address on Business Reply Mail must be the address of the permit holder, which in this case will be an NIH location. Contractors distributing Business Reply Mail on behalf of NIH must have NIH printed on the Business Reply Mail.
- An NIH address must be used as the address to where the piece is being returned to.
- BRM should be used only for "Official Government Business."
- Ensure only the "20814-9692" ZIP+4 Code is used for all NIH BRM.
- NIH BRM envelopes CANNOT be substituted for regular mailing envelopes and mailings going to domestic addresses.
- NIH BRM must not be used for foreign mailings.
- A complete return address must be placed on all NIH BRM.
Contact the Mail Customer Service Branch for information regarding foreign BRM service.