The Division of Mail Management Services:
- Manages and develops policy for the NIH Mail Program.
- Provides processing, transportation and delivery of incoming U.S. Postal Service (USPS) mail and inter-office communications, as-well-as processing, metering and dispatch of outgoing USPS domestic and foreign mail.
- Provides customer services for mail related matters to include furnishing mail supplies and performing mail redirect and locator services.
- Conducts mail studies and surveys to determine timeliness and adequacy of mail and mail services being provided.
- Researches and implements methods to reduce mailing costs and improve service levels.
- Provides training and consultation on special mail procedures and requirements such as Permit Imprint Mail, Business Reply Mail, clustering, mailing discounts, mail piece design, mail security, addressing standards and packaging.
- Conducts security screening of mail.