The NIH is proud to present another installment in the
"Fitness for You" Free Fitness program in support of Physical Fitness
and Sports Month and the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute’s "Heart
Truth" Campaign. Join us in the NIH R&W Fitness Centers for a month of
free fitness classes.
Starting Monday, May 12, the NIH R&W Fitness Program
will be offering select fitness class sessions for free to the NIH community in
an effort to promote physical activity and wellbeing. The class schedule for
the month of May is provided below. These select classes are open to all NIH
employees and contractors. Employees are encouraged to obtain supervisor
approval before participating.
Week of May 12 – 16
- Loft (T-39) – Cardio Challenge with Alex, Monday, May
12, 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm
- Rockledge – Zumba with Ana, Tuesday, May 13, 11:00 am –
- Building 31 – Urban Line Dance with LaTanya, Wednesday,
May 14, 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
- Rockledge – Pilates Strength with Charissa, Wednesday, May 14, 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Week of May 19 – 23
- Building 31 – Body Sculpting with Ashley, Tuesday, May
20, 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
- Loft (T-39) – Zumba with Ana, Wednesday, May 21, 12:15
pm – 1:00 pm
- Democracy 2 Outdoors - Zumba with Leshe’ Anderson, Wednesday, May 21, 12:00pm – 12:45pm
- Rockledge – Strength Conditioning with Alicia,
Thursday, May 22, 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm.
Week of May 26 – 30
- Loft (T-39) – Total Body Workout with Katya, Tuesday,
May 27, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Rockledge – Cardio Kickboxing with Charissa, Wednesday,
May 28, 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm
- Building 31 – Total Body Workout with LaTanya, Friday,
May 30, 11:00 am – 11:45 am
The "Fitness for You" program is sponsored by
the Office of Research Services, Division of Amenities and Transportation
Services and the NIH Recreation and Welfare Association.
For additional information or for individuals
with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations to participate in this
event, please contact Ms. Sherrell Freeman at 301-496-5440 or email@example.com and/or the
Federal Relay at 1-800-877-8339. For additional information on other fitness
programs please go to: http://www.ors.od.nih.gov/pes/dats/wellness/Pages/index.aspx.